Healthy Dad - Recipes
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 1 ½ cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil (or a handful of fresh basil leaves finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of dried of fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (or ¼ teaspoon of celery salt)
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Half cooked Salmon (or ½ filet smoked salmon, or 1 can of salmon)
- 2 cups pasta
Instructions: If using canned salmon- drain the liquid from the can and flake the salmon. Otherwise, salmon into fine pieces. Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a heavy saucepan on high heat combine, yogurt, onion, flour, basil, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Blend the flaked salmon to the sauce. Add pasta and lemon zest to the sauce and mix well.
Yield: 4 servings.
Adapted from: Watts D and Watts A. “Smoked Salmon Pasta” Where people feast: An Indigenous Peoples’ cookbook. Arsenal Pulp Press, 2007. pg 56. Print